Eric, Ashtyn and I went to cheer him on and it was just pouring rain, we were so worried about all of those runners. On the side lines Eric and Ash kept cheering on all of the runners as we were looking out for Daddy. Eric just kept saying how he was a marathon runner just like Daddy. When we did see John I was a little worried that Eric was just going to keep running along side him to the finish line and I would lose him, but he did come back when I yelled to him.
Monday, October 6, 2008
26.2 Miles later
John just ran in the St. George Marathon this last weekend. I am so proud of him, he did an incredible job. He wasn't able to train as well as he would have like too, and still did an amazing job and finished with a great time. Watching him come across the finish line was so incredible (I know I keep using that word but it really was), he still look like he was going strong even after running 26 miles.
Eric was so excited about John's medal, he was so happy when his dad let me wear the medal
Stan and Carol came all the way down to cheer on John as well. And as you can see by Stan's expression he was very proud of John as well.
A little 'after marathon kiss' for my honey.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Wow, congrats to John! I have done a few half marathons, but the full thing is WAY beyond my mental and physical abilities, way to go! That's awesome! My sister ran the St. George marathon too! We were going to go watch, but went to Moab with the Tobler's instead. Too bad, we might have seen you guys there!
Wya to go John. I am very impressed. that pic of eric and john is sooo cute. he is such a daddy's boy and mommy's boy, but it is so cute how he wants to be like john.
I am impressed that anyone can run 26.2 miles! I have a friend who ran that this weekend too. Congrats John!
Congratulations John! That's so awesome! I am so mad I didn't see you guys...because I was there too...the whole time! Nick came in second....and then my friend Clay ran in it, and so did Nick's mom Jan. I really wish I would have known you guys were there...I would have loved to cheer for John and see your cute family! Well, maybe next year...right John? :)
Way to go John! I can only dream of walking that far! You are both superstars.
That's awesome! Way to go John. What an amazing accomplishment! I'm afraid to even do a half marathon. Thanks for the inspiration!
John what an accomplishment!! We are so proud of you and so wish we could have been there to see you, but I,m glad Stan and Carol were there and those precious grandchildren. Fun pics Karen. thanks for sharing the day. Mom
That is awesome. What a great accomplishment! Rich's sister and brother ran it last year and watching them walk around later looked so painful.
Karen-
Yes, next time you are down here you need to let me know! I would absolutely love to see you! And I didn't know you ran in the marathon last year...that's amazing...and very impressive! So, please just give me a call or send an e-mail my way to let me know when you will be in town next! :) Again...congrats John!
Congratulations! What a great accomplishment!!
Post a Comment