My list of PET PEEVES:
- Socks with sandals, Eric has decided that although it is still over 100 degrees outside he needs to wear socks with his sandals to keep his feet warm. I am trying to give him his Independence but this really drives me crazy.
- Not replacing the TP when you use the last of the roll, then I don't notice until it is too late and I am just sitting there trying to decide what to do (sorry if this is a little to much info for you).
- The blender not being washed off after use, so the chocolate milk or eggs are dried and hardened on the blender for me to wash off later.
- Telemarketers (need I say more)
- Grocery carts with one bad wheel.
- McDonald's drive thru. The other day I was in a hurry so instead of stopping at a gas station to pick up my evil habit of Diet Coke I thought it would be quicker to go to McDonald's drive thru. After I was a block away and took a drink of my Diet Coke I almost spit it out because it was regular Coke and I had to through it away.
- The expression, "no one can make you angry". My grandma used this one a lot as I was growing up, and although it is probably true, that is still the last thing that I want to hear when someone has made me angry.
- My children are running away from me when I am trying to get them dressed, undressed, PJ's on, PJ's off, hair done, hair undone, shoes on etc. This is a big one at our house right now, Ash just seems to think that it is hilarious to run away from mom.
- Children coloring with marker in my bed (John was supposed to be incharge???)
12 comments:
That is a good list. I actually have no pet peeves because I am so perfect jk.
This made me laugh! Isn't it true that people DO make you made no matter what Gram always said! :) And I HATE when you go through a drive through for a DC and you get a regular. ARGH!!! I'm with ya!
Ha ha ha! I love this post!!!! I am fellin your pain especially with the whole tp thing! ARGH!! Two to add for me would be smacking and slurping!!! I cant stand it! It's like nails on a chalk board!
haha, good ones! I agree on all counts! A FEW of mine (I might have a long list, so we'll go with the ones that I can pop off right now :) My kids screaming the second I try to make a phonecall (especially when I am leaving a message), WalMart employees (aren't they SO helpful :), Mason removing stinky diapers himself (eeewww!), our lazy mailman who won't deliver the mail if a car is parked near the mailbox (heaven forbid he should have to get out of the car for a second), slow drivers, minivans in the fastlane (hypocritical, I know), long red lights with NO cars going through them, okay, I'll stop for now, but I could go on :). Thanks for letting me vent! I may have to steal your post idea and vent on my own blog sometime!
This post is so funny! I was sitting here just laughing to myself! I totally agree with the childish political rants on eachother...grow up and get a life! That's all I can say! And it's so true...when you are mad and someone says those all too famous lines "nobody can make you angry"...they are wrong....they just did! That was NOT the right thing to say! :)
You are just hilarious and I loved reading your list of pet peeves!
Oh I love this, and I have to totally agree with the shopping cart. that hust happened to me yesturday. and people were looking at me like what is that niose. It's not my fault it's the stupid stores fault.
Kaar--what a terrific list of pet peeves--I could relate to all of them!! As a Grandma--people who only want to talk abut their grandchildren and don't ask about mine.
Finishing a long e-mail, contentedly hitting the SEND button --and then receiving a Failure notice.
And I could go on---Love You Mom
I left an invitation to Drew's bday party at your front door.
Amen on the toilet paper thing and also drinks at drive thrus - I can't stand it when you drive away and take a sip of your drink and it's the wrong one!!
I too have a list of pet peeves a mile long, but will only share a few: 1. When the phone begins to ring and my children say, "Mom, the phone's ringing." 2. I'm grocery shopping but left the grocery list at home 3. When I forget to redeem the coupons in my purse 4. When we miss the garbage man in the morning and our garbage can is overflowing and have to wait 4 more days!!!
That was a pretty good list. The TP one seems to happen every other day at our house.
Wait til your kids are in school and you get the-dropping of the backpack, shoes, and any other item that is with them as they walk through the entry,etc. Why can't they just put it all in one pile?
Oh man, I feel ya! Too funny! I have to agree.
So you're telling me its my fault I'm angry? (totally kidding ;).
I love the socks and sandles. I know I did some majorly dorky things when I was a kid, and now I'm thinking 'Mom, why didn't you stop me??', but my Mom was kind and sweet, like you, and probably didn't want to hurt my feelings or more like push my buttons.
I am so tired of the politics. They are all pigs to some point, but I guess it will come down to who wears the lipstick the best.
That was fun to read (and I would have drank the darn real coke ;)!
Hey I am so glad to see you and your cute family! I love this post about pet peeves, i mostly agree with the kids running away! Jenn Cash/Johnson
Post a Comment