John and I had the chance to go to Jackson Hole and the Grand Tetons and we had a blast. My sister, Mel, and I swapped kids this summer so we would both have a chance to go on a trip alone with our spouses. The kids also had the chance to go to Grandma and Papa's house for a couple days also, which is always fun. We both has so much fun traveling without our children that we are already planning it again for next year, I can't wait. 
If you do not know John then you may not know how much he loves wild life. He was seriously like a little kid in a candy shop, and lucky we saw a lot of while life. I was a little worried that we would be searching our whole trip to see the wildlife and especially the moose that he so badly wanted to see that we would not be able to really relax and enjoy ourselves. Luckily as we were driving to find a camping sight that first day we got there, a lot of cars were parked alongside the road, so we parked also to see what everyone
was looking at. As we got closer right across the river was the biggest bull moose I have ever seen. He was a little bit hidden so I had to get up on John's shoulders to get the pictures. There was even some stranger that to
ok advantage of John and got up on his shoulders also, it was pretty funny, she really didn't want to get down. After seeing the moose John was so relaxed and really didn't care what we were going to do the whole rest of the trip because he had seen his moose. Throughout
the rest of the trip we saw 3 more moose, buffalo, an eagle, deer, elk, and even 2 grizzle bears.
The first night we were there we camped, and then the next two nights we stayed at Grand Teton Village in a place called the Hostel. It really did feel like a youth hostel too. The first night at the Hostel it wasn't so bad but the next night it felt like there were only sheets separating us from the people on both sides of us and above us. I also think the people above us spent the whole night rearranging their furniture, it was quite the experience. I guess when your hotel is at least $100.00 cheaper a night then any other hotel around there is a reason.
was looking at. As we got closer right across the river was the biggest bull moose I have ever seen. He was a little bit hidden so I had to get up on John's shoulders to get the pictures. There was even some stranger that to
ok advantage of John and got up on his shoulders also, it was pretty funny, she really didn't want to get down. After seeing the moose John was so relaxed and really didn't care what we were going to do the whole rest of the trip because he had seen his moose. Throughout
the rest of the trip we saw 3 more moose, buffalo, an eagle, deer, elk, and even 2 grizzle bears.The first night we were there we camped, and then the next two nights we stayed at Grand Teton Village in a place called the Hostel. It really did feel like a youth hostel too. The first night at the Hostel it wasn't so bad but the next night it felt like there were only sheets separating us from the people on both sides of us and above us. I also think the people above us spent the whole night rearranging their furniture, it was quite the experience. I guess when your hotel is at least $100.00 cheaper a night then any other hotel around there is a reason.
The whole trip was so relaxing there was nothing that we had to do or anywhere that we had to be. The second day we decided to go river rafting which was so much fun. We we
re put on a little 8 man boat with only 4 people plus the guide and one of the 4 people was a little boy so I was a little worried. The guide worked with the boy most of the time trying to teach him the different strokes so we would not tip over. The guide put me as head row-man or what ever you call the person that leads all the other people. I think it was little difficult for John to follow my lead, so that was fun to watch him wanting to be in charge, and getting yelled at if he was not rowing along with me.

We went on a few different hikes while we were there and they were so amazing and beautiful I loved it. One hike we went on we only saw one other couple and it was so quite and peaceful. On our longer hike we went on there was a bull and female moose right off the hiking trail hanging out together. John got really close to get a good picture but I stayed up on a rock in case it charged.

We loved this sign because a lot of the wild life we saw really was trying to cross the road or just hanging out along side the road. Even the 2 grizzle bears we saw were just trying to get across the road, and had to go between all of the cars stopped to watch them as they cross. 

Our Grand Teton trip was one that we will always remember. I almost felt like we were just newly weds again, because we could really focus on each other. I can really see how important it is to spend alone time with your spouse and always cherish one another. I felt like on this trip that is exactly what we were able to do. Although part of me was sad to go, I was so excited to see our kids that I was okay with it. Can't wait for next years trip, thanks again Mel, Mom, and Dad for having Eric and Ash.
4 comments:
How the heck do you have perfect hair when you are camping? Sounds like fun.
Love the pictures! I love what you did with that picture of John with the sign. Great photoshoping! I need lessons. We did have great times didn't we. We are looking forward to next year as well.
Cute pictures! We are jelous! We need to do a Jackson trip sometime! I can't believe how big your kids are! Looks like so much fun!
I am so glad you guys were able to get out and go on a fun trip by yourselves! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I must say, Karen, you are looking great! You must be working out....tell me your secret! :) I am so happy that you guys were able to do that together!
Post a Comment