Saturday, August 23, 2008

I'm so glad when Daddy comes home!

Having a teacher as a husband definitely has its perks, like having a lot more time off in the summers. However, the fun is now over and John is back at school getting ready for the students to show up on Monday. When Eric and Ashtyn wake-up they still don't believe me when I tell them Daddy has gone to work. They just keep asking where Daddy is, like I am hiding him from them. When Daddy does finally get home Eric and Ashtyn are always so excited. They immediately yell out "Daddy" in unison and run over by the garage door to great him. What the kids don't realize is that they are not the only ones that is excited for Daddy to come home! I am so grateful for what a wonderful Dad John is. He spends so much time with Eric and Ashtyn, teaching them new things, reading books with them, and listening to their endless chatter. I am not near as patient and constantly look to him as an example of the kind of parent that I should work to become. These are a few pictures of when Daddy comes home.


7 comments:

Matt and Mandy said...

Too cute! Those are darling photos! My kids are the same way when Matt comes home - I try not to be offended, I'm just mom after-all :) Dads are much better at wrestling, playing soccer, and hitting baseballs.

melissamarchant said...

John is a great dad! I love the pictures. I am still waiting to see moose pictures though! :) I miss those kiddos - can't wait to see them Saturday!

Jennie Z said...

Love the pictures! Ashtyn looks so much like you. Your kids are so big!

It is true kids just love their dads. Probably because they are not the ones around all day saying no and enforcing the rules! It makes me feel good when they miss me every once in a while too.

Faith said...

I'm with you. I'm equally excited when Daddy comes home! Really cute pictures. Your blog looks great too!You're kids are super photogenic!

Marci said...

That is so cute! I love how they are so excited to see their dad when he gets home from work! That is just touching! :)
I'm glad things are going good...and I love seeing updates of you life on your blog!

Jennie Z said...

Hey Karen, I just decided to go private on my blog. I didn't have your email, but if you send it to me I'll add you. jenniezabriskie@yahoo.com

Amy F. said...

Oh my gosh, too cute!!! Its funny how just being gone a few hours probably seems like forever to little kids! John really is a sweetheart -and so are YOU! You guys are such good parents!