Thursday, March 20, 2008

Where did the Years Go???

I look at my two children and can’t even believe how big they are getting. It seems like yesterday that John and I were getting married and living the single (no children) life together. It is amazing at how life changes once you add children to the mix. John and I had no idea what our lives were missing, until we had children. We have truly been blessed with Eric and Ashtyn in our lives. Now that they are getting older, I have no idea where the years have gone.

I wish there was some kind of machine that you could just freeze your children and not let them get any bigger. I know there are great aspects of every age, I just want my kids to stay young and innocent forever, without the worlds influences all around them. It terrifies me to have them grow up in the world that we live in, but that is where my faith needs to strengthen and kick in. I am so grateful for the gospel and for Heavenly Father’s plan for families to be together forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my heck! I can't believe how adorable your kids are. they are so photogenic. how do you get a 2 year old to cooperate and look that cute. oh i love it. and the motorcycle pics are great I love it, I have to say john has a nice little toy there :)