Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kindergarten Boy!

Well it's official, I actually have a child in kindergarten. I can hardly believe that Eric is so big, but when I look at him I see that he has grown into such an incredible boy. This is first day of school picture and you can see how excited he was for school to start. He wanted so bad to stop with the pictures and go so he will not be late for his first day.When we did get to the school he did not want to leave his teachers side (which was a little distracting for her, so I had to pull him away).
This is him in line ready to enter the classroom. He was already meeting new friends and shaking their hands. He is the most friendly, outgoing kid I have ever known. I only wish that I made friends as easy as he does. This little boy's name is Zachary and already one of Eric's best friends. Eric and Zack even got a little warning for talking and being silly when the teacher was talking. I am sure that this "little warning" will be the first of many, however, I am hopeful that he will understand the time for listening and following directions, and the time for socializing and being silly.
I was totally fine about having Eric go to kindergarten until this moment (picture at the bottom). As he turned to walk into the classroom my eyes just filled up with water and I just watched those doors close. Asthyn and I talked about him and thought about him for those entire 3 hours that he was away.
After school he had the biggest smile on his face, it was so good to see that cute face again. He had such a great first day he loved his teacher and he loved his friends and immediately asked when he would be able to go again. I am so grateful to have Eric in our family. He is such a joy to be around and always keeps us laughing. We love you our big kindergarten boy!!

8 comments:

Shalae said...

I'm so glad that things went well for him. Jayden had the same experience his first day . . . the second day he came home with a yellow card. BUT, he learned his lesson fast and was near-perfect the rest of the year. Good luck!

Peterson's said...

How is that even possible? Didn't you guys just barely get married??? When did we get so old. Eric is just the cutest thing ever!

Marci said...

Awww...just reading what you wrote brought little tears to my eyes! I can't believe he is in kindergarten! I remember when I was in Cedar, and you guys stopped and visited and he was just a baby and so small! They sure grow up quick! Those first day pictures are so cute...and I'm so glad he is a friendly kid and is outgoing. He is adorable! What a cute family you have!

Matt and Mandy said...

Oh my gosh, time does fly by! He is too cute, but he looks so old!

Anonymous said...

oh how sweet. he is seriously going to have so many friends because of his fun outgoing nature. I can't believe he is in a big school and everything. I just keep picturing something like a preschool, but it's kindergarten and it seems that he can't be old enough.

The land of Vegas said...

I'm glad I have company walking to school every once in a while. Katie LOVED the first day of school too. To bad they can't keep this attitude forever.

Jennie Z said...

Eric looks so old. Not having seen you for a few years, he looks ready for kindergarten! I have to say I am jealous!! The school deadline in Sept 1st here and Max is Sept 23, so he still has another year before kindergarten!! You'll be enjoying all your time with Ashtyn soon enough!

Heidi said...

Ah yes, Ms. Schy and her 'cards' I loved how Zach came home everyday from kindergarten and was quick to tell me which kids got yellow cards that day! Glad he's loving kindergarten!