Friday, July 24, 2009

We're still Kickin'

I almost feel embarrassed that we have been MIA (missing in action) according to our blog for so long. Maybe some of you have not noticed which is good, but for the few of you that have reminded me that it has been since October since my last post, this is for you, and for me getting back into the swing of things.
Before the summer I had the excuse that I was too busy with school. However, now that school is over, I feel too busy with life. But I know that it is important to stop and write down a few thoughts about our life just for the journal sake, if for nothing else.
So... here is the update:
Eric graduated from preschool in June and is now preparing for kind
ergarten, which he is slowly getting excited for. I think he is a little concerned that he will not be going to school with his same preschool friends, however, he will do a great job. He is taking swimming lessons twice a week and loving it! His obsessions right now are dressing up like a knight, sword fighting, and anything violent (against his mothers wishes). He is working hard to be a good big brother and we are so lucky to have him in our family.
Ashtyn is growing up so fast, she is no longer our little baby, but a beautiful girl. She is so excited to go to preschool in the fall she tells everyone that she is in preschool already. She loves to do homework with Eric, and her favorite thing right now is her princess underwear, which she wants to show everyone (we have had many talks about the modesty thing). Her favorite things to do are her gymnastics class and playing soccer with her Uncle Mathis.
John is teaching summer school and has a really good class, which is a blessing. His hobbies right now are running, biking, and power lifting. He makes me spot him in the summer heat in our garage so I am not as big of a fan of the last one. He has also been working hard with teaching Eric to read and sets many high educational goals for his kids
And now me... I should have a whole list of things that I have been doing since I have not blogged since last October, however, I don't know what I have been doing. I have been trying to keep up with a 5, and 3 year old I guess. I am getting really good and finding the free/cheap activities for kids to do in the summer. We hit the free movies, lots of library activities, swim whenever we can, play at friends houses, have friends play at our house, etc. What can I say, I am a MOM, and that is what I do with my time!

9 comments:

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

A new post how nice. See that wasnt' that hard.

Unknown said...

If you need free stuff to do with little kids in Vegas there is a funny little old western town with a petting zoo near redrock canyon. Its only free on the weekdays though. Let me know if you can think of anything fun in Vegas for me to do, i'm bored out of my mind...

Darrell and Alissa said...

You are still alive!! Your kids are getting so big!!

Matt and Mandy said...

Yea! Glad you guys are still alive! Cute pictures! I can't believe how old your kiddos are getting! :)

melissamarchant said...

Cute post Kare! Now I am feeling the pressure to pick mine back up! Thanks a lot!! :) We miss you guys. Taylor always tries to figure out why her cousins choose to live so far away! I tell her I can't figure it out either. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

Hey there it's about time:) I love the update. Emma talks about eric and ashy like 10 times a day. I can't figure out what they did to make such an impression on her but man she remembers them. love you

Heidi said...

Did you guys go to Hawaii? It looks that way from some of your pictures.

And no mention of Eric 'relieving himself' by the tree after church a few weeks ago??? That was a highlight for me :)

Marci said...

Welcome back Karen! I am so happy to see this post on your blog! Man, you have been busy...and it is wonderful to hear the update! I love all the pictures, you guys make the cutest family! I really wish I could have visited when I was there in Las Vegas...but maybe next time! :) I am glad to see you're doing well, and I think you two make the greatest parents! :)

Kim Marx said...

What? No more Wonders of a Box? You forgot to mention that you graduated from UNLV, I heard your name called...congrats